Saturday 1 February 2014

Crucible X 31/02/2014

Whew, busy week! As you have probably noticed this blog now has some sweet graphics going on, thanks to http://massonius.deviantart.com/, a great artist and an absolute pleasure to work with. I also decided to take the plunge and bought myself NGUI. So far that has been a bit of a mixed bag- it is really flexible and I can easily see how it will be an advantage in the future, but it has a pretty steep learning curve.

Lava planet (full image) from Massonius

State of the Game (Build 0.59):

  • Hero movement- heroes can now use pathfinding to get to other systems. This actually works really well, and wasn't too hard to implement. I've included a little video showing it off. Also in the video is a clip of the first complete track by my composer (https://soundcloud.com/samwindell)- titled 'Nebula', this piece is intended to be played during peacetime with other players. There will also be corresponding pieces for War and Cold War.

  • Made a lot of progress converting my old UI into NGUI format (not immediately apparent from the video). 
  • Also worked out how the upgrades and invasions for heroes is going to work, and it's all set to be implemented next week. The following table details roughly how the different hero types will approach invasions. I will detail combat more next week as it's a fairly deep topic and I don't want to discuss it without anything to show.


Finally, I have probably said I will be getting on Kickstarter soon(ish), so I'll probably be spamming everyone during that time. If you are interested in the project I would really appreciate funding (no matter how small) but there will be some awesome incentives for those who want to spend a bit more. See you next week! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment