Friday 7 February 2014

Crucible XI 07/02/2014

Woo lot's of new stuff this week! I've nearly finished converting all the Unity UI to NGUI, which is super freaking awesome (even though it was horrible). Still waiting on the finalised header for the blog, but 'tis cool, I can wait. I'd really, really love some input on what everyone thinks about the direction of the game. I'm going to make it darker as I go along, and I've already got a lot of ideas of post-launch content to put in. I'm also pretty chuffed to say it's 'mechanically' complete- meaning every mechanic that will be in the game, is implemented at the moment (but it's still a long way from playable).

State of the Game (Build 0.64):

  • UI changes, many many changes. Looks much more delicious, and is a lot more responsive than the old one. I'll put a little collage of images together to show what's changed.
  • Tech tree. I now have a fully functioning tech tree for researching upgrades for heroes. However only I know how it works at the moment! Still, lots of cool tech to look forward too (but not too much). Tech only needs to be researched for it to be immediately used.

  • More hero functions. Ambassadors can Promote and Embargo systems (see video), having trouble with Merchant trade routes- maybe I will fix that next week. Soldiers and Vanguards are pretty plain and easy to work with, system invasions still need a lot of work, but that will be an ongoing task as I don't expect to be able to fix it in one sitting. Drones and Hackers don't have functioning abilities, but they depend a lot on system invasions working so they will be developed at the same time.
  • Capital replaces Money and Galaxy Points. I couldn't find a good enough use for Money, and Galaxy Points were a bit boring, so now players have a regenerating pool of capital (like a mana pool). Performing actions such as hiring heroes, colonising systems and planets, all cost different amounts of capital. This is good as it can easily set the pace of games and can prevent players expanding too quickly.


That's it for this week, see ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment