Friday 27 June 2014

Quick Update

Only a little update this week. Spent a good deal of time working on the invasion mechanics and the UI, and I can say it's working pretty nicely at the moment. I'd estimate it's about 75% complete so hopefully I can get a working demo up soon. I've also been working on creating a map composed of the regions of space that each system controls. This is mostly a visual feature, but it should make the game look a bit more interesting and make it easier to see what territory is owned by you and the enemy. I'm implementing this using Voronoi diagrams, and the code for that is pretty complex so don't expect to see that any time soon! The map has been slightly jigged to fit onto a 50*50 square grid. This doesn't really affect how the game looks but helps with map generation since systems can no longer be closer than a certain distance.

Next week I am off on holiday, so the next update should be the week after. I will also have free weekends at that point so development should pick up again (and it's summer finally!). Sorry for the brief post, but I'll be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment